Monday, July 20, 2009

August Capital Summer Party!!

A couple friends I met at the TechCrunch conference and I managed to get into the annual August Capital Summer Party. This was big. I was elated once we got in. August Capital is one of the most respected and prominent VC firms in the Silicon Valley and the party had some very big people attending. Not to mention the awesome gourmet food, and the drinks. Some of the highlights of the night - I shook hands and spoke to Guy Kawasaki for a couple minutes! It was beyond amazing. He's a really cool guy and very humble. I also got a chance to talk to Ron Conway, a prominent VC in the area, who was on his way out. I got both their business cards :)

I interacted with many others, some of whom were CEOs of their own startups, some VCs, and one who was a professor, Andreas Weigand, at Stanford doing data mining research. I also recognized some MIT alums by their class ring! One prominent person who was there that I didn't get a chance to meet was Paul Allen.

All-in-all, the event was a blast! I learned many things and had tons of fun.

No comments: